March 29-April 12, 2010
NEW! DIGITAL PACKAGE FOR:
"ALL PIECES OF THE PUZZLE," pp. 6-7
- Projectable PDF of this article
- Differentiated-instruction activities:
BASIC or ADVANCED
- Download a listen-and-read podcast
- Print a BLANK CIRCLE GRAPH for this activity
EVEN MORE RESOURCES FOR THIS ISSUE:
- PRINTABLE: This issue's skills review quiz
- NEW! NUMBERS IN THE NEWS!
Click for this week's story!
- STUDENT POLL: Have you helped the planet?
- TEACHER'S EDITION: Download it here!
ENTER OUR VIDEO CONTEST BY APRIL 15!
Write and record your own math music video, and you could see your work on our Web site—and win a Nintendo DSi or a copy of Band Hero for the DS Lite! Download the official entry form here.
related to the articles and skills in the March 29–April 12, 2010 issue of Scholastic MATH Magazine.
For each, we indicate if it is intended for students, teachers, or both.
- "MAKE SENSE OF THE CENSUS," PP. 10-11
TEACHERS: Lesson plans, teaching ideas, downloadable maps, and much, much more free material from Census In Schools, the official education arm of the U.S. Census Bureau
STUDENTS: Fun games, Facts about your state, and interesting college info from the U.S. Census Bureau
- "RECYCLED ROOF!," PP. 18-19
STUDENTS AND TEACHERS: Get involved with Max's other project, Puzzles to Remember.
- "(PERCENT) CHANGE THE WORLD IV," PP. 20-21
STUDENTS: Even more ways to go green!
- "POLLUTION PERCENTS," PP. 22-23
STUDENTS: Practice finding percents of a number with this fun game.