THE POWER OF AREA
Bring an activity from this issue to life with this new whiteboard-friendly package!
- View this feature article on a whiteboard or projector and read it as a class.
- Engage students as you click through a step-by-step PowerPoint presentation of the math skill from the pages.
- Was the activity on this page too easy or too difficult for your students? Then try one of these differentiated reproducibles. * indicates a simpler skill level, *** indicates a more challenging activity.
If pages from the magazine were too challenging or too easy for your students, try these activities: * means the activity is at a simpler level; *** means the activity is more difficult.
- Pages 6-7:
The Power of Area* | The Power of Area*** (area of a rectangle)
- Pages 10-11:
Fantastic Fraction Foods* (adding fractions with like denominators)
Fantastic Fraction Foods*** (adding mixed numbers with unlike denominators)
BONUS PRACTICE TEST—ONLINE ONLY!
Print this 10-question practice test to review skills taught in this issue.
MINI-MATH LESSONS—ONLINE ONLY!
Download PDFs of math instructions and example problems from this issue. Perfect for SMART Board use to go over with the class or to print as a reproducible for students' future reference.
- Circle Graphs, pages 4-5
- Area of a Rectangle, pages 6-7
- Estimating Angle Measures, pages 8-9
- Adding Fractions With Unlike Denominators, pages 10-11
- Comparing Fractions, page 16
Download this issue's Teacher's Edition here. (Answers have been removed.)
REPRODUCIBLES FROM THIS ISSUE: