The Right Stuff
It seems every few months a new study on baby behavior results in improved baby products. The smart designs on these two pages update many of their predecessors.
ON THE MOVE
1. Pouch Baby Sling Ultra-chic and useful, this item doubles as a blanket or changing pad and can be worn in three different positions. Snugglings, $60.
2. Classic Carrier Comfort and style! Comes in six breezy colors, like bubbles (shown here), sailor, and garden. Kokopax, $150.
3. Diaper Bag This one goes the distance. It’s made of neoprene and water-resistant nylon to prevent messes and spills, and it features insulating side pockets for a bottle or sippy cup. Built NY, $70.
4. Topaz Stroller Features we love: a central one-pull harness, front- and rear-wheel suspension, and shoulder pads. Cybex, $260.
1. Stash Organizer Ten compartments in which to stow bottles, baby spoons, and pacifiers. If your counter space is at a premium, simply hang it on the wall. Boon, $25.
2. BPA-Free Baby Bottle These award-winning bottles are super safe for your little one and packaged with 100 percent recycled paper and soy ink. Green to Grow, $10.
3. Organic Cotton Bib A totally cute (and eco-friendly) way to catch your baby’s every mess. We love the “propeller” pattern! Mimi the Sardine, $15.
4. HiLo Chair We’re crazy about this stylish dual-height chair that you can use from the time your child is 6 months to 6 years old. Age Design, $300.
1. Smarts Bees and Trees This set of wall stickers offers a place beyond a mobile to catch your baby’s eye during diaper changes or feedings. Wall Candy Arts, $25.
2. Portable Diaper Changer Streamline your changing table—this helper stores 24 diapers and has pockets for wipes and lotions. Munchkin, $15.
3. Curl Stylish and handy, this shoe tree is a lovely way to store eight pairs of your baby’s new shoes. Boon, $25.
4. Cuddle-Up Baby Blanket The softest snuggly we’ve yet encountered, thanks to double-sided plush fleece. The embroidered turtles ice the cake! Ambajam, $67.
5. Plush Pad Equipped with machine-washable memory foam for comfy wardrobe changes. ah goo baby, $30.
6. Sneaker Night Light Paper shade, cotton border, sweet design. Tree by Kerri Lee, $24.
7. Dewey Long Legs Hand-made; charming legs are perfect for holding. KLTWorks, $40.
1. Hazel the Hippo Organic Hooded Towel Cute, long-lasting, and nice and large for wrapping infants up to 2 years old. Land of Nod, $36.
2. Tubby Bath Toy Organizer A heavy-duty mounting plate keeps this pocket stuck to tile or glass. Made of mesh and neoprene (like diving suits), so toys stay mildew-free. Skip Hop, $20.
3. Bath Basics Gift Pack Chemical-free baby powder, body wash, and body milk; includes a caterpillar wash cloth. Little Twig, $40.
4. Peek-a-Boo Brush & Comb Set Made of solid maple with a boar-bristle brush and packed in a hemp gift bag. ORE Originals, giggle, $20.
Click here to return to the cover story.