Winter's Tail DS
Introducing an interactive way to learn about Winter
Take an exciting journey on your Nintendo DS and learn about the real-life story of Winter the Dolphin. Based on the Scholastic Book from the #1 New York Times Best Selling Authors of Owen & Mzee, the game includes the fully interactive book “Winter’s Tail” read by the authors Juliana, Isabella and Craig Hatkoff. The game will tell Winter's story in a variety of ways - both in storybook format and by using mini-games to illustrate important points during the narrative.
The goals of the game are to:
- Engage the player in the true life story of Winter
- Inspire the player as to how their differences do not have to limit their potential
- Increase empathy for those who are differently abled
- Engage players in storytelling
- Inform the player about dolphin training and conservation
Highlights & Key Features:
- An interactive adaptation of the book: Featuring photos, animations, and voice-over.
- Literacy support: With voiceover and per word highlighting as the voice over is heard, and some key words tappable to get definitions or pronunciation, the game enhances literacy progress.
- Accessible: A first for a Nintendo DS game, the game will include accessibility options to allow enjoyment by children with motor skills or other challenges
- Story-telling: With a make-my-own book mode, children are given the building blocks to tell Winter's tale their way, encouraging a sense of authorship.
- Interactive play: Microgames punctuate the story at key points, providing some tactile immersion in key story beats.
- Coloring book: Purely creative experience of the story, while listening to the story if desired.
- Collectibles: Collect photos and coloring book pages you find hidden in the text. These are used in Make-My-Own book and the coloring mode.