Are You a Community Service Coordinator?
What you can do as a community service coordinator to encourage active participation:
- Ask your principal to share the 2010 Census: It's About Us materials that were sent to your school in August, or simply download them from this site.
- Go to American FactFinder to find fascinating information about your community. Look at data about your neighborhood, town, county, or state.
- Organize students to help educate their community about the importance of an accurate census count, privacy and the census, and citizenship and the census.
- Work with students to develop community-education projects in support of census participation. You'll be providing students with the opportunity to experience firsthand the importance of responsibility, engagement, and working together for the common good.
- Contact a Census Regional Office to learn more.