LOFT Loves Teachers Sweepstakes
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
Sponsor: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012
1. To enter: simply visit the LOFT Loves Teachers area of the Scholastic Web Site at http://scholastic.com/LOFTlovesteachers, complete the online registration form including teacher name, street address, email address, age (optional), when they start planning for back to school (optional) and an optional statement about "why you
love teaching" in 140 characters or less. Sweepstakes begins August 18, 2009 at 4:00 p.m. EST. Random runner-up drawings (the "Runner-Up Drawings") for runner-up prizes will occur on August 31, 2009, September 30, 2009, October 30, 2009, and November 30, 2009. A final random drawing for one (1) grand-prize winner will occur soon after the final sweepstakes deadline of December 31, 2009, 4:00 p.m. EST.
The deadline to be eligible for a Runner-Up Drawing is 4 p.m. EST one (1) day before such drawing. If entrant is not chosen as a winner in such Runner-Up Drawing, entrant will automatically be eligible for i) any remaining Runner-Up Drawings, and ii) the grand prize. One entry per person. Entrants who win a runner-up prize will still be eligible to win the grand prize, but may win only one (1) runner-up prize. All entrants submitting an entry prior to the final Sweepstakes deadline shall be eligible for the grand prize. This Sweepstakes may only be entered online, no other method of entry will be accepted. No copies, facsimiles, or reproductions of online entry form will be accepted. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the e-mail account submitted in the entry process.
2. Eligibility. Sweepstakes is open only to U.S. educators who are legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia), 18 years of age or older, and who teach in grades K-12 in a registered public school, home school or accredited private school. Void in Puerto Rico and where otherwise prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, Ann Taylor LOFT, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their immediate families and those living in their households are not eligible to enter. Any person who attempts to defraud or in any tamper with this Sweepstakes will be ineligible for prizes.
3. Winners. Winners of the Runner-Up Drawings (the "Runner-Up Winners") will be chosen on or about August 31, 2009, September 30, 2009, October 30, 2009, and November 30, 2009. The winner of the grand prize (the "Grand-Prize Winner") will be chosen soon after the final sweepstakes entry deadline of December 31, 2009, 4:00 p.m. EST. All entrants submitting an entry prior to the deadline shall be eligible for the grand prize. All of the above drawings will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes shall be final. Winners will be notified by e-mail. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes. Notification will be sent to the winner's e-mail address provided at the time of entry.
Runner-Up Prizes: Each Runner-Up Winner will receive a LOFT gift card valued at $50. Five runner-up prizes will be awarded each month for an approximate retail value ("ARV") of all runner-up prizes $1,000.
Grand Prize: The Grand-Prize Winner (collectively, with the Runner-Up Winners the "Winners") will receive a trip to New York City for two days/one night (the "Trip"), which shall include the following:
- Round-trip airfare (up to a maximum of $1,500 combined for both travelers) for two from the gateway city nearest the Grand Prize Winner's residence up to one of the New York City's three major airports, up to (ARV $1,500)
- One-night accommodations in a New York City hotel of Sponsor's choice (ARV $500)
- $1,000 Shopping spree at Ann Taylor LOFT store (ARV $1,000)
- Visit with a stylist (ARV $200)
- Scholastic Classroom Library of 25 books (ARV $200)
All other meals, airport transfers, flight changes, gratuities, incidentals and any other expenses not specified as part of the Trip herein are excluded. If the airfare for the Grand-Prize Winner and guest (combined) exceeds $1,500, Grand-Prize Winner is solely responsible for paying the difference. Certain travel restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply (including but not limited to, a maximum of $1,500 combined airfare for all travelers). Travel restrictions, including, but not limited to, occupancy level and blackout dates may apply. Bookings must be made at least thirty (30) days from requested travel dates and through Sponsor. Grand-Prize Winner and his or her companion will be required to provide valid government issued photographic ID and/or other required travel documents, such as a valid driver's license, at time of travel.
The total prize value for the 20 runner-up prizes and 1 grand prize shall not exceed $4,999.
Prizes are non-transferable, non-assignable, and cannot be redeemed for cash. In the event of prize unavailability, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Incomplete entries will be discarded. Prizes must be used within 6 months of receipt, or they will be forfeited. After Sponsor's reasonable attempt to award prizes, any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
5. General. All entries will become the property of LOFT and will not be returned. By entering, entrants agree to abide by these rules, warrant and represent that their entry information is accurate and that their entry does not violate any third party's rights. By entering, entrants agree to abide by these rules. The Grand-Prize Winner
will, and the Runner-Up Winners may, be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) business days of notification attempt or an alternate winner may be selected. By accepting a prize, each winner grants to Sponsor and LOFT the right to use his/her name, address, likeness, live and taped performances of interview(s), for any lawful purpose, including but not limited to on the Scholastic.com Web site or on any or all marketing collateral affiliated with and/or produced by LOFT without further permission or compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering and/or accepting a prize, entrants and Winners agree to release Sponsor, Ann Taylor LOFT, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion or production agencies, and airline and travel companies and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees of the foregoing, involved in the Sweepstakes (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of the prizes (including any travel and prize-related activities related hereto). By accepting the Trip, Grand-Prize Winner and his/her companion further agree to release the Released Parties from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, cancellation of trip due to weather, acts of war, or other unforeseen circumstances, or damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the Trip and/or Sweepstakes. Taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Subject to all applicable laws. Void in Puerto Rico and where otherwise prohibited by law.
6. Internet. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telecommunications malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. If for any reason (including, but not
limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes) the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Sponsor shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes.
8. Winners' List. The potential prizewinners will be notified by email on or about:
Runners-up: September 4, 2009; October 5, 2009; November 5, 2009; and December 4, 2009.
Grand-prize: January 5, 2010. Notarized affidavits will be due from grand-prize winning teacher on or about January 16, 2010. A list of the winners shall be posted on or about January 23, 2010 at www.scholastic.com/LOFTlovesteachers. After that date you may also request the name of the winners by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: LOFT Loves Teachers Winners List, Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10012-3999, Attn: Jennifer Prescott.
9. Sponsor: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012. For any questions or concerns regarding this Sweepstakes please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.