Are You A Media Specialist?
What You Can Do as a Media Specialist to Promote Your School's Participation
- Ask your principal to share the 2010 Census: It's About Us materials that were sent to your school in August, or simply download them from this site.
- Work with your principal to distribute the materials in the kit to teachers and encourage their use.
- Help spread the word about 2010 Census: It's About Us by putting a "Notice From the Media Specialist" in school newsletters, faculty bulletins, or in teachers' mailboxes.
- Consider scheduling a professional development session to give teachers ideas on the many ways to integrate 2010 Census: It's About Us materials into English language arts, social studies, mathematics, and other curriculum areas.
- Help teachers in your school take maximum advantage of the variety of free teaching resources.
- Contact a Census Regional Office to learn more.
- Don’t let your school miss out on the lessons and benefits to be derived from this once-a-decade civic event that is so crucial to your community and our nation.
Help communicate to students—and to educators, too—the vital importance of participation in the 2010 Census, and becoming a "census advocate" as 2010 approaches.