Five Big Deals
- California K–12 High-Speed Network has partnered with Discovery Education to provide unitedstreaming resources to teachers and students throughout the state. The California K12HSN will provide coordination of network uses to benefit teaching and learning, and unitedstreaming will provide all eligible California K–12 educators with a video library correlated to state standards for use with the existing curriculum.
- Montgomery (AL) Public Schools purchased a three-year subscription to STI Assessment, the web-based formative assessment system. The district plans to use the system to facilitate data-driven instruction as part of its ongoing efforts to increase student achievement and meet yearly progress under NCLB. Administrators and teachers in 58 schools will use the web-based assessment program to track more than 32,500 students.
- Fairfax County (VA) Public Schools (FCPS) will develop My PLT (My Professional Learning and Training) in partnership with TrueNorthLogic in order to more efficiently understand the impact professional development has on student learning. My PLT will provide the tools to help FCPS gather evidence about what professional learning opportunities are best meeting the needs of educators, what instructional changes are taking place, and ultimately, what effect those changes have on student achievement.
- Houston (TX) Independent School District has adopted Vantage Learning’s Web-Based Comprehensive Curriculum Assessment Tool, an online assessment system, customized for Texas, which measures students’ abilities in language arts, math, science, and social studies. With the addition of this district, more than 45,000 Texas educators in 3,500 schools now use WebCCAT to build skills on the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) curriculum standards and to improve scores on the Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS) test.
- Irvine (CA) Unified School District will continue its long-time subscription to PLATO eduTest Assessment and PLATO Data Management and Analytics software. PLATO Learning provides assessment tools used for benchmark tests throughout the school year.