Do you have what it takes to be a secret agent?
Practice sleuthing skills on Spy U!
What you need:
Additional supplies you will need:
What to do:
1. With your child, log on to Spy University in the Kids Fun Online area of Scholastic.com. Click on the "Try it FREE" button to gain access to the Spy University Training Center.
2. Under Spy Data, click on "Spy Time." Find out what time it is in cities around the world, and then locate those cities on a map.
3. Next, your child can hone his observation skills by trying "Microwriting" under Training Challenges. Move the magnifying glass around the screen to locate the tiny writing. Then type in the message.
4. Finally, under Spy Machines, click on "Cipher Machine." Your child can use this machine to encrypt and decrypt secret messages and even email them to a friend.
5. As an offline extension, your child can invent a secret code of his own and challenge a friend or sibling (or even a parent!) to crack the code.
6. Note: Some areas of the Training Center are only available using a code found in the Spy University series of books. Call 1-800-SCHOLASTIC for more information.
• provides practice with observation skills and attention to detail
• supports critical thinking
• develops problem-solving skills