Match the Presidents
How fast can you line up our country's leaders in order?
This printable activity helps kids learn facts about U.S. presidents.
What you need:
• printable match cards (see links below)
• card stock and glue (optional)
• watch with a second hand
What to do:
1. Print the match cards:
- Presidential Match Cards #1
- Presidential Match Cards #2
- Presidential Match Cards #3
- Presidential Match Cards #4
- Presidential Match Cards #5
- Presidential Number Cards 1–10
- Presidential Number Cards 11–20
- Presidential Number Cards 21–30
- Presidential Number Cards 31–40
- Presidential Number Cards 41–43
2. Cut out the cards. If you'd like, you can glue them to card stock to make them sturdier.
3. Once the cards are ready, turn them all over on a flat surface, text down.
4. Challenge your child to match all the presidents' names with their numbers — for instance, George Washington=#1.
5. Use the watch to track how long it takes to match all 43 pairs. This list will help you check the matches.
6. Now, shuffle the decks and try again. See if your child can match faster this time. Up the ante by rewarding him with coins each time he betters his time.
• history facts
Brought to you by Play! ScholasticTM brand toys. Available at Toys R Us© and at The Scholastic Store. For more Play! Scholastic fun visit www.scholastic.com/play.