Kids all over America are reading more and having more fun doing it, thanks to fun-loving media specialists, teachers, and principals willing to do whatever it takes to inspire more kids to pick up a book!
When your students reach the reading goal, grant them a special privilege or perform a wacky stunt!
- Challenge students to read a certain number of books within a specific time frame.
- Set a number of minutes you want students to read over a predetermined period of time.
- Establish a goal for the number of books you want purchased by students at your Book Fairs. Books may be used to donate to a charity of choice or sister school.
- Set an amount of money you want your school community to raise for All for Books™. Then use the money to purchase more books from your Book Fair.
- Get a full makeover with face, hair, and clothes created by student stylists.
- Face off against kids in a video game challenge.
- Take on a team of students in a pie-eating contest.
- Agree to hold a snake or other creepy creature.
- Allow yourself to be the target of a water balloon toss.
- Allow students to wear caps to school for the day.
- Reward students with a pizza party or ice cream social.
- Grant students an extra 30-minute recess.
- Give students a no-homework pass.
- Allow students to watch a movie during the school day.
Remember to also solicit ideas from students and faculty members!