Bestselling author Eric Litwin is turning up excitement for books and reading with his fun new song “The Fantastic Scholastic Book Parade.”
Congratulations to the Book Parade contest winners!
Hear the song, watch the video, and get inspiration for your own book parade here:
How It Works
1. Marchers line up with their favorite books, dressed as their favorite characters, or holding their groovy handmade signs and banners.
2. Play “The Fantastic Scholastic Book Parade” song over the intercom.
3. Parade through the halls to the groovy music.
What a groovy, fun, and interactive way to celebrate reading! You can have the parade to kick off your book fair week or anytime during the year.
Enter the Contest
Film or photograph your parade and then create a short video to share with us on Twitter (@Scholastic) or Facebook (@ScholasticBookFairs) using the hashtags #bookparade and #groovyjoe. Be sure to tag us! The winning school receives a visit from Eric Litwin, the original author of the Pete the Cat series and Groovy Joe books.
The Scholastic Book Fairs® Fantastic Scholastic Book Parade Video Contest
Monday, August 21 – Friday, December 15, 2017
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the contest, share your school’s Fantastic Scholastic Book Parade video with us on Facebook (@ScholasticBookFairs) and/or Twitter (@Scholastic), tagging us and using the hashtag #bookparade and #groovyjoe. All entries must be submitted between 9AM ET on Monday, August 21, 2017, and Friday, December 15, 2017 at 5PM ET.
- Entries: Any and all entries may be posted by Sponsor on any Website owned or controlled by the Sponsor, and may be cut, edited, reformatted, rearranged, combined with other materials and/or otherwise modified in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. By entering the contest, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to his/her entry: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the post/tweet, (b) the post/tweet is entrant’s own creation and original work, (c) the post/tweet will not infringe on the rights of any third parties, (d) any third parties mentioned in the post/tweet have given entrant appropriate consent to be included and used as permitted herein, and (e) the entrant has signed authorized release forms for any child(ren) appearing in the entry. By entering this Contest, you acknowledge that this information is being submitted to Scholastic Inc. (“Sponsor”) and not to Facebook or Twitter. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Release Parties (as defined below) shall not be liable for (a) telephone, electronic, program, network, Internet, or computer delays, deletions, interruptions or other failures of any kind; (b) late, lost, damaged, failed, misdirected, incomplete, garbled, unintelligible, or delayed computer messages; or (c) any human error that may occur in the processing of any entry, nor are they responsible for any theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries, whether caused by the sender or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest. Proof of online posting of your entry does not constitute proof of delivery. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- Eligibility: The Scholastic Book Fairs® Fantastic Scholastic Book Parade Contest (the “Contest”) is open to all preschool, elementary, and K-8 schools in the United States and D.C. that conduct a Scholastic Book Fair between Monday, August 14, 2017 and Friday, December 15, 2017. Contest entries may only be submitted by legal residents of the United States, age 18 or older as of the date of entry. Employees of Scholastic Book Fairs, its affiliates, advisory board members, subsidiaries, and their respective advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and the immediate families of each are not eligible to participate. Entries must include the hashtag #bookparade and #groovyjoe in order to be eligible. One entry per school, per social media platform will be accepted. Do not post or tweet your entry multiple times or use multiple accounts to enter or entry will be deemed ineligible. Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All decisions of Sponsor in connection with this Contest are final and binding.
- Judging: Eligible entries will be evaluated and winners selected based on the following equally-weighted criteria: originality and creativity. Winning entries will be chosen by Sponsor the week of Monday, January 8, 2018. Sponsor will contact winners on Monday, January 8, 2018, via Facebook and/or Twitter. Winner must provide Sponsor with winner’s physical mailing address within 48 hours of the Sponsor announcing the winner or an alternate winner may be selected. Winner will be required to sign, have notarized, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release form. Both forms must be returned within five (5) days of Sponsor contacting the winner or an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any post/tweet that is inappropriate for any reason, including without limitation, for depicting or mentioning sex, violence, drugs, alcohol and /or containing inappropriate language.
- Except where prohibited by law, each entrant (and in the event entrant is a minor, entrant’s parent/legal guardian) consents to Sponsor’s use of entrant’s first name, age, city and state, likeness, gender, and entry without further notice or compensation.
- Prizes: One (1) grand prize winner will receive an in-school visit from Eric Litwin for their school and a classroom set (6 books) of Groovy Joe: Ice Cream & Dinosaurs and Groovy Joe: Dance Party Countdown (Approximate Retail Value $3,940.00). Ten (10) winners will each receive one (1) signed hardcover copy of Groovy Joe: Ice Cream & Dinosaurs and one (1) signed hardcover copy of Groovy Joe: Dance Party Countdown (Approximate Retail Value $25.00). Prizes are nontransferable, not returnable, and cannot be sold or redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed, except by Sponsor in the event of prize unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Taxes, if any, on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. By entering this Contest, winner and all entrants agree that Released Parties will have no liability or responsibility for injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize or participation in this Contest and they will be held harmless against any claims arising directly or indirectly from the use of any prizes or participation in the Contest.
- If the administration or integrity of the Contest is compromised or corrupted at any time, Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or cancel the Contest. Released Parties shall not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from entering the Contest. By entering the Contest, entrants affirm that they have read and accepted these Official Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest will be ineligible for prizes.
- By entering, winners agrees that Sponsor, Facebook, Twitter, and their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) will have no liability or responsibility for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind, including but not limited to death, injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with this Contest, the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, or accepting, possessing, using or misusing any prize, and they will be held harmless against any claims of liability arising directly or indirectly from the prizes awarded. Released Parties are not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded or enjoyed due to travel cancellations, delays or interruption due to weather, natural disaster, acts of war or terrorism or other causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control.
- To obtain a winner’s list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by January 31, 2018 to: Scholastic Book Fairs, Fantastic Scholastic Book Parade Video Contest, Attn: Communications, 1080 Greenwood Blvd., Lake Mary, FL 32746.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter.
- Sponsor: Scholastic Book Fairs, 1080 Greenwood Blvd., Lake Mary, FL 32746