Scholastic Book Fairs has great management career opportunities
in the following areas:
- General Manager (Regional/District)
- Regional Operations (Distribution) Manager
- Branch (Distribution) Manager
- Warehouse Supervisor
- Inventory Manager
- Sales Manager - Inside Sales
- Field Sales Manager - Outside Sales
- Human Resource Manager
- Corporate Management
Bring your amazing leadership skills to work with us and we'll
help you grow your career!
Management responsibilities include:
- Lead through Scholastic's mission of creating a vision and
inspiring others to understand Scholastic's culture, values,
and goals. Use this knowledge as a framework to influence performance
- Responsible for all employment decisions in area of specialty,
to include staff selection, training, development, evaluations,
promotions, compensation, discipline, and termination.
- Build teamwork with direct reports by communicating important
and relevant information and ensuring understanding. Involve
others in team decisions, and demonstrate/model personal commitment
to the team.
- Seek and encourage new approaches to organizational and regional
opportunities. Facilitate the implementation and acceptance
of change within the workplace.
- Develop expertise in the Book Fair business including customer
segments, Fair Types, product mix, merchandising, and customer
- Plan and conduct regular staff meetings to inform, educate,
and recognize employees, as well as to provide a forum for
exchange of ideas.
- Execute Company policies, procedures and programs in a professional,
effective, and timely manner.
- Ensure adherence to all local, state, and federal laws, including
but not limited to OSHA, DOT, and EEOC.
- Maintain business confidentiality relative to pricing, inventory,
promotion, competition, distribution, staffing, customers and
- Where applicable, plan and prepare annual budget for
department, region, or branch unit.
- Achieve financial results and manage business-operating costs
General requirements include, but are not limited to: A Bachelor's
Degree in Management, Business, Transportation, Operations or
equivalent experience. Additionally, proven front-line management
experience is preferable. Demonstrated capability to manage a
quality, efficient, and cost-effective operation is a must.
Come join our team and help us put millions of books in the
hands of children!
part of a great work environment where you'll be
making a positive difference in the lives of kids every day.
You may also review other Scholastic openings and
opportunities near you or submit your information for
is an equal opportunity employer.