Scholastic Book Fairs® Book Fair Memories Sweepstakes
Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Monday, June 11 – Friday, August 3, 2018
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the sweepstakes for a chance to win, share your favorite Scholastic Book Fair memory on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, tagging Scholastic Book Fairs and using the hashtags #bookfairmemories and #sweepstakes. Enter through one of these social media platforms: Facebook, Intagram, or Twitter. You must tag Scholastic Book Fairs on Facebook (@ScholasticBookFairs), Instagram (@scholasticbookfairs), and/or Twitter (@Scholastic). Only one entry per person will be allowed. Multiple entries or entries from multiple accounts by the same entrant will be disqualified. Each entrant can only win once. All entries must be submitted by 5:00 PM ET on Fridays to be eligible for that week’s sweepstakes. Entries must include the hashtags #bookfairmemories and #sweepstakes.
2. Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States, age 18 or older as of the date of entry. Employees of Scholastic Book Fairs and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and their respective advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and the immediate families of each are not eligible to participate. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All decisions of Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes are final and binding.
3. Winning entry will be chosen randomly by Sponsor every Friday from June 11, 2018 to August 3, 2018 at or around 5:00 PM ET. Sponsor will contact potential winners via comment or private message on the following Monday of every week. Winner must provide Sponsor with winner’s physical mailing address within 48 hours of the Sponsor contacting the winner or an alternate winner may be selected.
4. Prize: Eight (8) winners will be chosen (one per week) to win one (1) Throwback Book Box. Each book box includes one (1) copy of Magic School Bus Rides Again: Meet the Class by Samantha Brooke, one (1) copy of The Baby-Sitters Club: The Truth About Stacey by Ann M Martin, and one (1) copy of Goosebumps Most Wanted: Lizard of Oz by R.L. Stine and one (1) pack of Gel Pens OR one (1) 3-Color Spy Pen. (Approximate Retail Value $27.96 each). Prize is nontransferable, not returnable, and cannot be sold or redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed, except by Sponsor in the event of prize unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Taxes, if any, on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. By entering this sweepstakes, winner and all entrants agree that Sponsor and its affiliated companies, officers, directors, agents and employees will have no liability or responsibility for injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize or participation in this sweepstakes and that they will indemnify and hold them harmless against any claims arising directly or indirectly from the use of any prizes or participation in the sweepstakes.
5. Any and all entries may be cut, edited, reformatted, rearranged, combined with other materials and/or otherwise modified in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to his/her post/tweet: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the post/tweet, (b) the post/tweet is entrant’s own creation and original work, (c) the post/tweet does not infringe any rights of any third parties, and (d) any third parties mentioned in the post/tweet or shown in the photograph have given entrant appropriate consent and/or release to be included and used in entry. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any post/tweet that is inappropriate for any reason, including without limitation, for depicting or mentioning sex, violence, drugs, alcohol and /or inappropriate language.
6. Scholastic Book Fairs, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its agencies shall not be liable for (a) telephone, electronic, program, network, Internet, or computer delays, deletions, interruptions or other failures of any kind; (b) late, lost, damaged, failed, misdirected, incomplete, garbled, unintelligible, or delayed computer messages; or (c) any human error that may occur in the processing of any entry, nor are they responsible for any theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, whether caused by the sender or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this sweepstakes. Proof of online posting of entry does not constitute proof of delivery. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7. Except where prohibited by law, each entrant (and in the event entrant is a minor, entrant’s parent/legal guardian) consents to the use of his/her name, age, city and state, likeness, other biographical information, and entry by Sponsor without further notice or compensation.
8. If the administration or integrity of the sweepstakes is compromised or corrupted at any time, Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel the sweepstakes. Sponsor and its agencies shall not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from entering the sweepstakes. By entering the sweepstakes, entrants affirm that they have read and accepted these Official Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this sweepstakes will be ineligible for prizes.
9. By entering this Sweepstakes, Winner and all entrants agree that Sponsor, its officers, directors, agents and employees, as well as Facebook, Twitter, Inc., and Instagram will have no liability or responsibility for injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize or participation in this Sweepstakes. Winner and all entrants agree to hold Sponsor, its officers, directors, agents and employees, as well as Facebook, Twitter, Inc., and Instagram harmless from and against any and all claims arising directly or indirectly from the use of any prize or participation in the Sweepstakes.
10. To obtain a winner’s list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope after August 3, 2018 and before October, 1, 2018 to: Book Fair Memories Sweepstakes, Communications, Scholastic Book Fairs, 1080 Greenwood Blvd., Lake Mary, FL 32746.
12. Sponsor: Scholastic Book Fairs, 1080 Greenwood Blvd., Lake Mary, FL 32746.