1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Entrants must either (i) submit completed student pre- and post-program student assessments, which are available in the print program and for download at www.scholastic.com/asklistenlearn and must be fully completed in good faith, by mail or by email or (ii) have their students fill out the online assessments at www.scholastic.com/studentassessment and send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org confirming completion, between 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 13, 2014, and 11:59 p.m. ET on May 9, 2014 (the “Entry Period”). Mailed assessments must be postmarked by April 30, 2014. Emailed assessments must be received by May 9, 2014. Scholastic Inc. (“Scholastic” or “Sponsor”) reserves the right to disqualify any entry if it. If students complete the pre-program and post-program assessments online at www.scholastic.com/studentassessment, the entrant must send an email to email@example.com with the day and time that their students completed the assessments to be eligible. Only one entry per person and/or household. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the email account submitted in connection with the entry.
2. ELIGIBILITY. The “Student Assessment” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia) who are currently over the age of 18, who submit fully completed student pre- and post-program assessments, and who teach grades 5–7 at a public, accredited/state approved private or home school in compliance with the laws of its state (“School”). Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. PRIZE. One (1) winner (the “Winner”) will be randomly selected by Scholastic from among all eligible entries on or about May 16, 2014, and notified by email on or about May 23, 2014. The Winner will receive a $1,000.00 gift card (approximate retail value: $1,000.00). The prize is non-transferable, non-assignable, and no alternative will be offered. Taxes on the prize, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner should allow approximately 6 to 8 weeks after notification and completion of affidavit for delivery of prize.
4. USE OF ENTRY. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees Scholastic shall own the entry submitted (including all rights embodied therein in winning entries) and that it and its designees may exploit, edit, publish, use, adapt, modify, or dispose of any entry and elements embodied therein, online, in print, film, television, or in any other media now or hereafter known for advertising, promotional, or other purposes throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or notification to, or permission of the entrant, except as prohibited by law. Each entrant represents and warrants that they have release forms and/or other documentation on file that allows them to grant the rights to Scholastic set forth herein, and that they and/or their students cannot assert any ownership rights to an entry. Entrant’s personally identifiable information submitted in connection with his or her entry shall be subject to the following privacy policies: www.scholastic.com/privacy.htm and www.centurycouncil.org/privacy-policy.
5. GENERAL. By entering, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Scholastic, Century Council, their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, injuries, damages, or losses to the person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of the Prize. The Winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) business days of notification attempt or an alternative winner may be selected. Subject to all applicable laws. By entering the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize, entrants grant to Scholastic, Century Council and their designees the right to use his or her name, likeness, hometown, biographical information, School name and entry for any lawful purposes, including advertising and promotional purposes, in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without further notice, permission, or compensation, except where prohibited by law.
The Released Parties are not responsible for interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections; for lack of availability or accessibility, or miscommunications due to failed computer, satellite, telephone, or cable transmissions or lines; for technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions; for computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or difficulties; or for any other computer, network, technical, typographical, human or other error, problem, or malfunction related to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors, problems, or malfunctions that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the prizes, the processing or judging of entries, or any Sweepstakes-related materials. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants’ or to any other persons’ computers (whether hardware or software), relating to or resulting from downloading materials or software in connection with this Sweepstakes.
If for any reason (including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Scholastic, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes) the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Scholastic shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes.
6. WINNER’S NAME. The name of the Winner will be available on approximately June 24, 2014. You may request this name by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Student Assessment Sweepstakes Winner Name” in the subject line by September 24, 2014.
Sweepstakes Sponsor: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012
For any questions or concerns regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact email@example.com.