The Lexus Eco Challenge offers $500,000 in grants and scholarships to schools, teachers, and students.
- Unsure about how to make the shift to inquiry-based teaching? Follow these steps to lessen teachersí anxiety.
- Interesting new book comes with guide for policymakers.
- KDS' Alvin Crawford offers solutions to 5 common problems.
- Michelle Rhee on unions, Martin West on testing, and 3 other soundbites from this week's conference.
- SLJ's Librarian of the year mixes Minecraft, coding, and Google hangouts in her library.
- Eliminate one-off training sessions by developing a smart professional learning plan to help your teachers improve now.
TOP 5 NEWS STORIES
- Malloy wants to alter the tests needed for state's 11th graders. EdWeek
- Jay Mathews on how emulating China could hurt U.S. WashPost
- Poll finds teachers who leave happier post-classroom. HuffPost
- Karen Lewis will not resign union spot to oppose Emanuel. SunTimes
- State reacts to perceived anti-American bias in U.S. History course. HuffPo
ON OUR BLOGS
5 Best Blogs & Tweets [Of Today]: "In The Dust Of This Planet" Edition
Sep. 19, 2014 at 05:25PM
Freebee Friday: TED Jr.
Sep. 19, 2014 at 06:09AM
Essential education technology chosen by district leaders for Administrator magazine.
See and hear leaders—from Ray Cortines to author Michael Horn (Disrupting Class)—intelligently discussing todayís hottest education topics.
Get advice from today's newsmakers to guide you through the landmines that every superintendency holds. Including interviews with San Francisco's Carlos Garcia and AASA Superintendent of the Year Betty Morgan.
Trusted collegues share advice on the thorniest problems our schools are facing.
- Beat Germs by Changing Behavior Create a healthier, safer, and more productive classroom environment with better hand hygiene.
School officials at three schools in Georgia that joined Kimberly-Clark Professionalís The Healthy Schools Project* between 2012 and 2013 share insight into their efforts to beat germs and boost attendance by changing hand-hygiene behavior.