The MCPS superintendent on the death of NCLB, the rise of Twitter, and where his Maryland district fits in.
- Clues from NCLB explain why the Common Core is not going away.
- As your district becomes more digitized, the question is not why but how you’ll handle the transition.
- Officials in Texas consider new science texts amid renewed debate.
- 6 practices you can steal from top-scoring countries Finland and South Korea.
- Six ways to ensure your emergency notification plan will work when it counts.
- Fellow educators share their concerns over the continuing controversy over adoption, federal intervention, and infrastructure.
TOP 5 NEWS STORIES
- Mayor de Blasio's shortlist includes Mont. County's Josh Starr. WashPost
- State ed leader accuses Gov. Pence of "power grab." NYTimes
- Grit, TFA and CCSS top the list. Atlantic
- New PR campaign comes as membership, clout, dwindle. Politico
- Dept. shouldn't be "lapdog" for student loan companies, she says. HuffPo
ON OUR BLOGS
Afternoon Video: Monster Truck Teen Headed To MIT
Dec. 9, 2013 at 05:12PM
Women and Science
Dec. 9, 2013 at 07:11AM
Essential education technology chosen by district leaders for Administrator magazine.
See and hear leaders—from Ray Cortines to author Michael Horn (Disrupting Class)—intelligently discussing today’s hottest education topics.
Get advice from today's newsmakers to guide you through the landmines that every superintendency holds. Including interviews with San Francisco's Carlos Garcia and AASA Superintendent of the Year Betty Morgan.
Trusted collegues share advice on the thorniest problems our schools are facing.
- Mimio What does it mean to comprehend what one reads? Research shows that vocabulary knowledge is a significant component in reading comprehension.
- Dell Assistive technology can revolutionize the lives of students with special needs.
- Dell Integrate STEM into your curriculum and create classrooms and environments that entice student interest. (Grades K-12)
- Lenovo Use the K-12 solutions custom recommendation tool to help you assess the right hardware configuration for your school or district.