In California, enrollment in teacher education programs is down by 53%, but the problem is more pervasive.
- The NYC schools chancellor on testing, recentralizing control, and tech initiatives.
- Illinois school district approaches new testing system with an “all skills on deck” approach.
- Is it better to be a tortoise or a hare when initiating new tech in your schools? It all depends on context.
- Tablets used to reign as schools’ top hardware choice. But Google’s low-cost laptops are cutting into Apple’s share of the education market.
- Jessica Lahey on her new book, assessments, and school leaders.
- Fourteen years after first handing out laptops to students, this district continues to lead.
- Retain more of your staff by understanding their needs and helping them succeed.
- Eric Sheninger on how to seamlessly integrate tech in your school.
- Don’t shield students from mistakes—use these three strategies to help them learn from errors.
Today's Top Ed News
- How focus on scores could lead to cheating, more. NYT
- A look at the Student Digital Privacy and Parental Rights Act of 2015. NPR
- Only 30% believe K-12 students should be able to “opt out.” HuffPost
- Public schools plan to offer international trips. WaPo
- Only 1% rated ineffective; test scores don't match. NYTimes
ON OUR BLOGS
Journo-Politics: 2 Things About That "Hillary Being Squeezed" Piece
Mar. 26, 2015 at 11:00AM
Mar, 25, 2015 at 8:43PM
Aaron Sams: The Truth about "Flipping Out" Curriculum
Mar. 25, 2015 at 10:24AM
Mar. 26, 2015 at 06:59AM
- Mobile Device Management Collection This collection pack, curated by the editorial team at Administr@tor, dives deep into all aspects of mobile device management, from data and trends, to implementation and next steps. Learn how schools around the country have successfully managed mobile device programs for their schools and classrooms, and how you can learn from their experiences.