Scholastic makes a difference together with you and your community...
For nearly 90 years, Scholastic has recognized the importance of working with public, private, and non-profit organizations that share its mission and goals to improve the well-being of children. Scholastic's total commitment to social responsibility and educational outreach is demonstrated by its diverse partnerships, which address today's most critical issues facing communities, with an emphasis on reading and literacy.
- The Scholastic Education Recovery Fund to Benefit Haiti
- The Fund, which is open to public donations, began with a $100,000 commitment from Scholastic. It benefits the long-term education needs of children in Haiti as their country recovers from the devastating January, 2010 earthquake. Scholastic established the Fund with the nonprofit Save the Children to help provide Haiti with needed resources to rebuild education infrastructure and provide critical educational materials. To donate to the Fund, click here.
- Community Programs and Corporate Donations
- The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards
- Created in 1923 by Scholastic founder Maurice Robinson, the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards' mission is closely aligned with the Company’s credo of cultivating young minds and encouraging creative expression in all learning, including literature and art. The Awards is the longest running, most prestigious art Awards program in the country and the largest source of scholarships for creative teens. The Alliance for Young Artists & Writers is a nonprofit that was created in 1994 to run the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards and other programs to help identify creative young people and nurture their talent.