HOW I FOUGHT AND BEAT A MONSTER OF A STAIN CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
1. ENTRY. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not improve your chance of winning. To enter the How I Fought and Beat a Monster of a Stain Contest (the "Contest"), visit www.scholastic.com/monsterofastain
and submit your entry with a true story describing the worst stain you've encountered from the best time ever along with your name, age, address, daytime phone number, e-mail address, your child's name and grade level. You can also send your entry along with the information above to: How I Fought and Beat a Monster of a Stain Contest, c/o Scholastic Inc., P.O. Box 711, New York 10013. Contest begins February 22, 2012, 12:00 a.m. EDT and all entries must be received by April 20, 2012, 11:59 p.m. EDT. Parents can submit only one entry per household, regardless of method of entry. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the e-mail account.
2. ELIGIBILITY. Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents currently residing in one of the 50 United States or Washington, DC who are currently over the age of 18, who are parents or legal guardians of at least one child who is currently enrolled in grades K – 8 in a school in the above-referenced territory. Employees and members of their families of Scholastic Inc. ("Scholastic") or the Clorox Company ("Clorox"), their parent organizations, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their advertising, promotion and production agencies are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. JUDGING. The potential winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received by a panel of qualified independent judges employed by Scholastic based equally on the following criteria: clarity, adherence to the topic and quality. The decisions of the judges are final and binding. Scholastic reserves the right to not award all prizes if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of qualified and eligible entries.
4. WINNERS. Three (3) winners (the "Winners") will be selected by the judges from among all eligible entries on or about May 14, 2012 and notified by phone or e-mail on or about May 21, 2012.
Each Winner will receive $2,000 worth of backyard play equipment, plus coupons equaling a year supply of Clorox 2 products. Also, the Clorox Company will donate $2,000 worth of athletic equipment for each winner's child's school. (Approximate retail value of each prize: $4,042). If the Winner's child is in a home school, the Winner shall designate a public or accredited private school or a government or non-profit child-focused organization in their community (collectively, the "Designated Recipient"), and Clorox will donate the $2,000 worth of athletic equipment to the Designated Recipient. If the Designated Recipient refuses to (i) accept the donation by Clorox and/or (ii) sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) business days of notification attempt, Sponsor will determine, in its sole discretion, another Designated Recipient in or around the Winner's community to receive the above-referenced donation. Prizes are non-transferable, non-assignable and no cash alternative will be offered except by Scholastic in the event of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Taxes on prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Winners.
5. GENERAL. All entries will become the property of Scholastic and will not be returned. By entering, entrants agree to abide by these rules, warrant and represent that their entry is accurate and their original work and grant to Scholastic and Clorox the right to use the Winners' and their children's names (submitted on the entry), information provided and likeness in any media now or hereafter known for advertising, promotion and/or other purposes throughout the world without additional compensation or notification to, or permission of the entrant, except as prohibited by law. Winners and the Designated Recipient will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) business days of notification attempt or an alternative winner may be selected. By entering and/or accepting a prize, entrants, Winners and their family members and the Designated Recipient agree to release Scholastic, Clorox, their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers and employees and their advertising, promotion or production agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize and/or participation in the Contest (including any travel related thereto). Subject to all applicable laws. Scholastic reserves the right to terminate the Contest if in their sole determination they do not receive enough qualified entries.
6. INTERNET. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telecommunications malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the entrant, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest. If for any reason (including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of the Released Parties, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest) the online portion of the Contest is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Scholastic shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
7. WINNERS LIST. The names of the winners will be available after, on, or about August 1, 2012. You may request these names by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by October 1, 2012 to: A Monster of a Stain Contest Winners List, Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, 5th Floor, NY, NY 10013.
Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10013
For any questions or concerns regarding this contest please contact P&Cconnects@scholastic.com