DIG-IT GAMES MAYAN MYSTERIES SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
Sweepstakes Sponsor: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012
1. To Enter: To enter the Dig-It Games Mayan Mysteries Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), visit the Dig-It Games Mayan Mysteries area of the Scholastic website at www.scholastic.com/MayanMysteries, complete the online registration form, including your name, email address, phone number, school name, school address, city, state, zip code, grade(s) taught, and subject(s) taught, and where indicated, answer the question “How do you use online games to supplement your curriculum?” You may also enter by printing the online entry form and mailing or faxing it, along with a written or typed response to the question, to the below address or fax number, respectively. Sweepstakes begins October 3, 2012, at 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”), and ends November 20, 2012, at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Entry Period”). One entry per person and/or household. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the email account submitted in connection with the entry. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry if it deems an entrant’s responses to the Survey to be offensive, inappropriate, or not answered in good faith, in its sole discretion. All entrants submitting an entry prior to the final Sweepstakes deadline shall be eligible for the prize. This Sweepstakes may be entered online, by mail to: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, Space 519, New York, NY 10012, or via fax to 212-343-4801. Incomplete entries will be discarded.
2. Eligibility. Sweepstakes is open only to teachers who as of the date of entry are legal residents of, and currently reside in, one of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia), are currently over the age of 18, and who teach grades K–12 in a registered public school, a home school that is in compliance with the laws of the state where the home is located, or an accredited private school. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of Sponsor, Dig-It Games, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their immediate families and those living in their households, are not eligible to enter. Any person who attempts to defraud or tamper with this Sweepstakes will be ineligible for prizes.
3. Winners. Ten (10) Grand Prize Sweepstakes Winners (collectively, the “Winners”; individually, a “Winner”) will be chosen soon after the final Sweepstakes entry deadline of November 20, 2012, 11:59 p.m. ET. The random drawing to select the Winners will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes shall be final. Winners will be notified by email at the email address provided at the time of entry on or about November 30, 2012. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes. If the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or a potential Winner chooses to decline the prize for any reason, or fails to comply with these Official Rules and all the requirements set forth herein, that prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s and Dig-It Games’ discretion, awarded to an alternate entrant.
5. General. All entries will become the property of Scholastic and Dig-It Games (including all rights embodied therein in winning entries) and will not be returned. Each entrant agrees Scholastic and Dig-It Games and its designees may exploit, edit, publish, use, adapt, modify, or dispose of any entry and elements embodied therein online, in print, film, television, or in any other media now or hereafter known for advertising, promotional, or other purposes throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or notification to, or permission of the entrant, except as prohibited by law. By entering, entrants agree to abide by these rules, and warrant and represent that their entry information is accurate and does not violate any third party’s rights.
The Winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) business days of notification attempt or an alternate winner may be selected. By entering the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, entrants, including the Winners, grant to Sponsor and Dig-It Games the right to use his/her name, address, likeness, and live and taped performances of interview(s), for any lawful purpose, including, but not limited to, on the Scholastic.com website or on any or all marketing or advertising materials affiliated with and/or produced by Dig-It Games without further permission or compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering and/or accepting a prize, entrants and the Winners agree to release Sponsor, Dig-It Games, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, promotion or production agencies, prize suppliers, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees of the foregoing involved in the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Sweepstakes, or acceptance or use of the prizes (including any travel and prize-related activities related hereto). Taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of each Winner. Subject to all applicable laws.
In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by non-authorized human intervention, virus, bugs, or other causes beyond the control of the Released Parties that corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor and Dig-It Games reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof and/or terminate the participation of any entrant (and void his/her entry) whose conduct potentially compromises the Sweepstakes, and at its sole discretion, to award the prizes from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to termination. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the email account.
The Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, inaccurate, garbled, damaged, illegible, undelivered, delayed, misdirected, or postage-due entries or mail; for interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, fax line, telephone line, or other connections; for lack of availability or accessibility, or miscommunications due to failed computer, satellite, telephone, or cable transmissions or lines or fax machines; for technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions; for computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or difficulties; or for any other computer, network, technical, typographical, human or other error, problem, or malfunction related to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors, problems, or malfunctions that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the Winners’ prizes, the processing of entries, or any Sweepstakes-related materials. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer (whether hardware or software), relating to or resulting from downloading materials or software in connection with this Sweepstakes.
7. Winners’ Names. Winners will be notified by email on or about November 30, 2012. The Winners’ names shall be posted on or about December 15, 2012, at www.scholastic.com/MayanMysteries. After that date (for a period of two  months), you may also request the name of the Winners by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Dig-It Games Mayan Mysteries Sweepstakes, Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, Space 519, New York, NY 10012.
8. Sponsor: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012.
For any questions or concerns regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.